Year 5 2020 - 2021
During the second half of the spring term,
Year 5 will be travelliing back in time to study the
Key Enquiry Questions
1) Where did the early Anglo-Saxons live and how do we know?
2) How and why did the Anglo-Saxons invade Britain?
3) What was life like for Anglo-Saxon’s in Britain?
4) How did the Anglo-Saxons trade and distribute resources?
5) Were Saxon times really ‘Dark’ ages?
Five facinating facts!
1) The Anglo-Saxons are made up of three tribes who came to England from across the North Sea around the middle of the 5th century: the Angles, Saxons and Jutes.
2) The two most famous Anglo-Saxon kings are Alfred the Great and Canute the Great.
3) The Anglo-Saxon period covers about 600 years, and Anglo-Saxon kings ruled England for about 300 years. During this time they formed the basis for the English monarchy and laws.
4) The earliest English kings were Anglo-Saxons, starting with Egbert in the year 802.
5) Some of our modern English words, such as the days of the week, come from the Anglo-Saxon language.
Please see the document callled: 'Curriculum Map Spring 2' to learn more about the activities we will be exploring during this fantastic theme.
Useful websites to explore
Files to Download
Year 5: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 5: Blog items
Year 5: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 5: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display